- Burwood or Geelong Campus
- Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuous
- HEW 6 – $82,494 plus 17% pension
College marketing teams work collaboratively with stakeholders across the university to deliver integrated marketing campaigns that put Deakin at the helm. We currently have two roles available on the web – one in the Marketing teams for both the College of Health and the College of Science, Engineering and the Built Environment.
When reporting to the Director of Marketing, you will work collaboratively across the team to coordinate the College’s overall presence on the Internet and related digital recruitment channels to support the delivery of marketing and communications strategies. Contributing to the effective recruitment of prospective students at Deakin University, you will lead the development of study area-specific EDM content for faculty. If you are a skilled author and editor with a passion for marketing and the web, this is the role for you.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Relying on a variety of people, groups, and resources to identify opportunities, processes, and ways to do new or improved things to advance organizational strategy
- Fact-finding, identification of appropriate solutions, and selection of the most appropriate from a set of alternatives
- Solicit feedback from customers regarding their satisfaction and view of the products or services received, respond to feedback with openness and transparency and seek to identify ways to better serve customers
- Provide ethical advice to clients that addresses core issues, promoting value-added insights and recommendations
- Build new and fruitful relationships with a diverse group of potential students, stakeholders or key and influential individuals inside and outside the university
- Develop and implement accessible and practical solutions based on stakeholder needs
- Striving for excellence and consulting regularly with clients to clarify who needs the information, the purpose for which it is required, the criteria for success, and where and when advice and recommendation is needed
- Communicate with confidence using examples and impact techniques best suited to a particular situation to increase understanding and support
To be successful, you will have:
- degree with relevant subsequent experience; or
- Extensive experience and specialized knowledge or extensive knowledge in technical or managerial areas; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Know the nature of digital marketing and content requirements for each digital media channel
- Understand web design, user interface design principles, information architecture, usability testing, split testing, web analytics, and digital marketing
- Front-end development experience, including within CMS platforms such as Squiz Matrix and/or WordPress Coding
- Knowledge of HTML, WCAG 2.0 digital standards, and website architecture
- Experience in designing, developing and implementing customized EDM campaigns
- Experience writing and editing content for web purposes
For a copy of the job description, please visit Deakin Careers.
Applications for this position close on January 28, 2022.
This role requires the incumbent to apply and maintain verification of employment with children (see Deakin Recruitment Procedures for more details).
Please submit your updated CV and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
Please note that while we are still accepting applications from anyone interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritizing applications from those with existing work rights in Australia who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates on immigration and border arrangements in Australia during the coronavirus outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
are you ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university of global influence. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research, innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation is built on the dedication and expertise of our employees and we offer a dynamic and diverse work environment with opportunities for growth and career development. We believe that a progressive and thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come and stay in Deakin and contribute to our continued success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientations and genders.