The survey highlights cryptocurrency adoption trends primarily in South Africa, which is ranked 21st out of 27 countries. The 2003 internet users in the country were surveyed for this and the following statistics emerged on the various aspects of cryptocurrency adoption in South Africa:
Cryptocurrency adoption rate In the world and South Africa
* Total cryptocurrency ownership rate in South Africa is 11.3%, leaving behind the United States at 10.5% and Sweden at 9.8%.
* Among the popular cryptocurrencies owned in South Africa are Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana, Ripple and Dogecoin:
Bitcoin is most popular in South Africa with 56 percent of crypto owners owning the currency, putting South Africa in second place in global Bitcoin ownership after Australia at 72.7 percent.
The second most popular cryptocurrency is Ethereum with 31.51 percent, followed by Ripple with 25.8 percent.
Dogecoin is owned by 15.6 percent, while Solana is owned by 12.3 percent of the participants.
Globally, Singapore had the highest ownership percentage of Ethereum with 43.5%, the United States had the highest ownership percentage of Dogecoin with 31.6%, Indonesia topped the adoption of Solana with 24.9%, and Japan had the highest ownership percentage of Ripple with 31.5%.
Adoption of cryptocurrencies by gender and age in the world and South Africa:
* Globally, men are 2.8 times more likely to own cryptocurrency than women.
*Globally, men are 1.5 times more likely to own cryptocurrency than women, and 59 percent of men own cryptocurrency versus 41 percent of women in December 2021.
* South African men are 1.6 times more likely than women to own cryptocurrency.
About 14.1 percent of men in South Africa said they had crypto, compared to 8.5 percent of women.
Among cryptocurrency holders, 62 percent are men versus 38 percent women, making the country the eighth male-dominated cryptocurrency market in the countries surveyed.
* Cryptocurrency ownership by age in South Africa and the world:
Globally, cryptocurrency ownership is dominated by 18-34 year olds, who make up 56.1 percent of cryptocurrency owners.
Also in South Africa, those aged 18-34 controlled 48.7 percent of cryptocurrency ownership, while those aged 35-54 had 32 percent and those over 55 had 19.3 percent. cent at least.
Awareness of cryptocurrency in South Africa:
* Finder conducted a survey of Internet users in 23 countries in November 2021 to find out this parameter.
*South Africa is ranked 8 out of 23 countries in cryptocurrency awareness.
* 66 percent of respondents said they had heard of cryptocurrencies.
* South Africa ranked 10th in optimism about cryptocurrencies, with 47 percent of respondents believing cryptocurrency to be a good investment option, above the global average of 43 percent.
(For the latest cryptocurrency news and investment tips, follow our website Cryptocurrency page And for live cryptocurrency price updates, click here.)